How can Allied Health 2U help with Psychological Assessments?
Allied Health 2U have Psychologists who can complete Psychological Assessments and provide reports in a timely manner.
The Psychologists at Allied Health 2U will ensure that you receive thorough assessment processes to provide you with detailed information.
What is the purpose of Psychological Assessments?
There are several reasons why psychological assessments are important:
- Psychological assessments can assist with identifying and diagnosing mental health conditions that may be impacting an individual’s thoughts, feelings, and behaviours.
- They can provide a holistic understanding of an individual’s strengths and weaknesses, which can be useful in making decisions about treatment and support.
- Assessments can help diagnose conditions such as Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder, and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), among others.
- Psychological assessments can also be used to assess an individual’s cognitive abilities, such as memory, problem-solving skills, and intellectual functioning.
- Psychological assessments such as a behaviour assessment can assist with identifying the underlying causes of an individual’s actions and provide a basis for developing a treatment plan that is tailored to their needs.
- They can also be used to monitor an individual’s progress in treatment and make any necessary adjustments.
- Psychological assessments can be utilised to help individuals and their families better understand the nature of their struggles and the options available for addressing them.
More information regarding purpose of psychological assessments can be found here.
What diagnosis can psychological assessments identify?
There is a multitude of diagnoses that Psychologists can diagnose. Below is a brief list that identifies some (not all) examples:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Intellectual Disability
What standardised measures and objective tests are used for psychological assessments?
A range of standardised and objective assessments are used for psychological assessments. At Allied Health 2U we use a variety of the below assessments in conjunction with a clinical interview:
- Sensory Profile 2
What are the costs for a psychological assessment?
The cost for psychological assessments will depend on the assessments used and the assessment time.
Generally costs vary between $1500 to $2500 depending on the tools used however it is best to give us a call and we can provide you with a quote based on your situation.