Occupational Therapy Assessments
Occupational Therapy Assessments:
Occupational Therapy Assessments which can sometimes also be referred to as Functional Capacity Assessment are generally used to ascertain and individuals functional status and needs.
Occupational Therapists are generally the best placed allied health professionals to complete a functional capacity assessment as they look holistically at an individuals needs. Occupational Therapist are able to complete functional asessments for individuals living in the community with physical needs, psychosocial needs or a combination of both.
What is the purpose of an Occupational Therapy Assessment:
The main purpose of an Occupational Therapy assessment is to ascertain the level of supports an individual needs such that they can live their life to the fullest.
Occupational therapy assessments will also consider whether an individual may require certain equipment, technology or modifications to enable them to live their life more independently. After an initial Occupational therapy assessment further assesments may be required depending on an inviduals needs such as:
- Complex Home modification assessments
- Assistive Technology assessments
- Paediatric assessments (including sensory or motor)
How long does an Occupational Therapy Assessment take:
An Occupational Therapy assessment generally takes between 1.5 to 2 hours depending on the complexity of each case. Further time is then required for reporting and follow up if needed.
Who requires an Occupational Therapy Assessment?
An Occupational Therapy Assessment may be required by anyone where their function needs to be assessments and appropriate supports, therapy or equipment is required to be provided. Occupational Therapists work with a diverse population of individuals including:
- Aged care occupational therapy
- Mental Health occupational therapist
- Disability/ NDIS participants who require an Occupational Therapy assessment to support their needs
- Individuals who require equipment presciption
- Cognitive assessment & retraining
- Complex and Simple Home modifications such as grab rails or a ramp
- Electric/ lift chair recommendations
- Transfer equipment recommendations such as a hoist
- Pressure care including pressure cushion and mattress prescription
- Specialised seating/ wheelchair prescription/ Scooter & mobility assessment
- Stroke & neurological rehabilitation
- Support disability accommodation assessment
- Supported independent living (SIL) assessment
- And many more
Telehealth or Mobile Occupational Therapy for NDIS participants
As an NDIS provider, Occupational Therapists at Allied Health 2U have the skills and experience to work in challenging and complex environments. Occupational Therapists can assist NDIS participants to help meet their goals around independence, participation in the commuity and well-being. In addition Occupational Therapists at Allied Health2U can assist NDIS participants with access to home modifications, assistive technology, capacity building, recommendations regarding the level of care participants require.
Our Occupational Therapists have the skills and ability to work with a range of clients with varying needs. Occupational Therapy Assessments can be completed face to face, via telehealth or over the phone.
For an Occupational Therapy Assessment please complete the Service Booking Form below:
OT Assessment Booking Form
Service Area for Occupational Therapy Assessments
Our Mobile Occupational therapy team is currently servicing Sydney and the greater sydney region and Brisbane. Through our telehealth services we are able to provide Occupational Therapy Assessments throughout Australia.
- Mobile Occupational Asessment Sydney
- Mobile Occupational Therapist Sydney
- Telehealth Occupational Therapist Australia
- Occupational Therapist Australia
- Home visiting Occupational Therapist
- Mobile Occupational Therapist Eastern Suburbs to Bronte and Bondi
- Mobile Occupational Therapist Western Sydney to Penrith
- Mobile Occupational Therapist Ryde
- Mobile Occupational Therapist Parramatta
- And many more suburbs!!