Mobile Speech Therapy
Mobile Speech Therapy
Our Mobile Speech therapy service provides expert and high-quality Speech across homes, pre-schools, primary schools childcare centres and high school across Sydney.
Professional home visiting Speech Therapists will come to your house and they have have all the equipment and resources to complete a comprehensive assessment and deliver appropriate treatment ongoing therapy for children.
Mobile Speech Therapy Service Brings A Therapist Directly 2U!
Our mobile speech therapists will start by completing a detailed Speech Therapy assessment which will provide comprehensive information regarding the appropriate treatments and strategies to maximise learning and growth.
Our mobile Speech Therapy team visit homes and schools and are able to deliver supports to participants under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and provide exceptional care. Our speech therapists liaise and work closely with parents, carers, support workers, support coordinators and other stake holders to ensure the services provided are to a high quality.
Our mobile speech therapy team may provide recommendations regarding appropriate and necessary equipment including assistive devices such as ipads and laptops which may be used to aide growth and learning.
Can mobile speech therapists go into my childs school or pre-school?
When working with children, time is of the essence when providing therapy.
Our mobile speech therapists for children implement a coordinated and systematic approach to address children’s goals and work closely with families, school, preschools and childcare centres to ensure therapy can continue on a day to day basis.
Whilst there can sometimes be procedural and documentation requirements prior to going into schools. Most schools are open, welcoming and are happy for our mobile speech therapists to attend and provide therapy.
For a Mobile Speech Therapy Appointment please complete Mobile Service Booking form below:
Mobile Service Booking Form
A Little More About Mobile Speech Therapy:
There are several language and speech disorders that our mobile speech therapy team can assist with including:
- Fluency disorders. A fluency disorder affects the nature, flow, speed, and rhythm of speech. Cluttering and Stuttering are fluency disorders. A person with stuttering has trouble getting out a sound and may have speech that is blocked or interrupted, or may repeat part of all of a word. A person with cluttering often speaks very fast and merges words together.
- Articulation disorders. An articulation disorder is the inability to properly form certain word sounds. A child with this speech disorder may drop, swap, distort, or add word sounds. An example of distorting a word would be saying “thith” instead of “this”.
- Resonance disorders. Our mobile speech therapists can assist with a resonance disorder occurs when a blockage or obstruction of regular airflow in the nasal or oral cavities alters the vibrations responsible for voice quality. It can also happen if the velopharyngeal valve doesn’t close properly. Resonance disorders are often associated with cleft palate, neurological disorders, and swollen tonsils.
- Receptive disorders. A person with receptive language disorder has trouble understanding and processing what others say. This can cause you to seem uninterested when someone is speaking, have trouble following directions, or have a limited vocabulary. Other language disorders, autism, hearing loss, and a head injury can lead to a receptive language disorder.
- Expressive disorders. Expressive language disorder is difficulty conveying or expressing information. If you have an expressive disorder, you may have trouble forming accurate sentences, such as using incorrect verb tense. It’s associated with developmental impairments, such as Down syndrome and hearing loss. It can also result from head trauma or a medical condition.
Benefits of home or school visiting speech therapists?
Mobile speech therapists work with children, adults and individuals with and without disability to improve the way they function and live in day to day life.
Speech therapists are able to assist children who have a range of disabilities and conditions such as autism, global developmental delay, genetic disorders or children with communication difficulties.
Who else is part of the early childhood team?
- Paediatric Occupational Therapists
- Counsellors and psychologists
- Other allied health professionals
Our Mobile Speech therapy team is currently servicing Sydney and the greater Sydney region:
- Mobile Speech Therapy Sydney
- Mobile Speech Therapy Western Sydney
- Mobile Speech Therapy South Western Sydney in Liverpool and Campbelltown
- Mobile Occupational Therapy Blacktown
- Mobile Occupational Therapy Parramatta
- And many more suburbs!!