Functional Capacity Assessments
Functional Capacity Assessments:
Functional Capacity Assessment are generally completed by Allied Health professionals. Depending on an inviduals impairements a functional capacity assessment is usually completed by Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists and Psychologists.
Our mobile occupational therapists, mobile physiotherapists and mobile psychologists, are able to complete theses assessment through face to face mobile consultations or online occupational therapy consultations and Online Psychology.
Occupational Therapists are generally the best placed allied health professionals to complete a functional capacity assessment as they look holistically at an individuals needs. Occupational Therapist are able to complete Occupational Therapy Assessments for individuals living in the community with physical needs, psychosocial needs or a combination of both.
What is the purpose of a Functional Capacity Assessment?
A functional capacity assessment is completed to ascertain an individuals function and what their needs are from a physical, cognitive and psychosocial framework.
Functional Capacity Assessments also consider whether an individual may require certain equipment, technology or modifications to enable them to live their life more independently. After an initial assessment further assesments may be required depending on an inviduals needs such as:
- Complex Home modification assessments
- Assistive Technology assessments
- Paediatric assessments (including sensory or motor)
Why use Functional Capacity Assessment for NDIS participants?
NDIS participants have the right to be safe and to receive quality services. A functional capacity assessment is designed to understand the needs of NDIS participants such that the appropriate supports and services can be implemented for them to enable them to live their life to the fullest.
Further infromation for NDIS participants regarding, understanding and using their plan can be found here.
Time required to complete a Functional Capacity Assessment?
Functional Capacity Assessment generally takes between 1.5 to 2 hours depending on the complexity of each case. Further time is then required for reporting and follow up if needed.
Can a Functional Capacity Assessment be completed via telehealth?
In the majority of cases, Functional Capacity Assessments can be completed over telehealth. Generally, Allied Health professionals are able to ask relevant questions to ascertain key information regarding an indivudals functional needs over a telehealth assessment.
Additionally, where video technology is available, Allied Health professionals are also able to observe physical movements at the same time as well.
Who requires a Functional Capacity Assessments?
Functional Capacity Assessments may be required by anyone where their function needs to be assessments and appropriate supports, therapy or equipment is required to be provided. Allied Health professionals are generally requires to provide Functional Capacity Assessments for a diverse population of individuals including:
- Aged care occupational therapy
- Mental Health occupational therapist
- Disability/ NDIS participants who require an Occupational Therapy assessment to support their needs
- Individuals who require equipment presciption
- Cognitive assessment & retraining
- Complex and Simple Home modifications such as grab rails or a ramp
- Electric/ lift chair recommendations
- Transfer equipment recommendations such as a hoist
- Pressure care including pressure cushion and mattress prescription
- Specialised seating/ wheelchair prescription/ Scooter & mobility assessment
- Stroke & neurological rehabilitation
- Support disability accommodation assessment
- Supported independent living (SIL) assessment
- And many more
Functional Capacity Asssessment with Allied Health 2U:
As an NDIS provider, Occupational Therapists, Psychologists and Physiotherapists at Allied Health 2U have the skills and experience to work in challenging and complex environments. Our Allied Health professionals can assist NDIS participants to help meet their goals around independence, participation in the commuity and well-being. In addition Occupational Therapists at Allied Health2U can assist NDIS participants with access to home modifications, assistive technology, capacity building, recommendations regarding the level of care participants require.
For a Functional Capacity Assessment please complete the Service Booking Form below:
Functional Capacity Assessment Booking Form:
Service Area for Functional Capacity Assessments:
Our Mobile Occupational therapy team is currently servicing Sydney and the greater sydney region and Brisbane. Through our telehealth services we are able to provide Functional Capacity Assessments throughout Australia.
- Functional Capacity Assessment Sydney
- Functional Capacity Assessment Brisbane
- Telehealth Occupational Therapist Australia
- Functional Capacity Assessment Darwin
- Functional Capacity Assessment Brisbane Western Sydney to Penrith
- Mobile Occupational Therapist Ryde
- Mobile Occupational Therapist Parramatta
- And many more suburbs!!